Current Group Members
|Barbara E Engelhardt PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Center for Statistics and Machine Learning (2014-present).
Barbara completed her BS and MS from Stanford University in 1999, and her PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2007, advised by Michael Jordan. She did a postdoc at University of Chicago working with Matthew Stephens from 2008-2012, and was Assistant Professor at Duke University from 2012-2014. She also spent two years working at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1999-2001), a summer at Google Research (2005), a year at 23andMe (2007-2008), and a year at Genomics plc (2019-2020). She is on the SAB of Freenome, Celsius Therapeutics, and Creyon Bio.
|Didong Li, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Oct 2020-present). Didong completed his PhD in Mathematics at Duke University, supervised by David B. Dunson and Sayan Mukherjee. His research interests include geometric data analysis, information geometry, manifold learning, nonparametric Bayes and spatial statistics.|
|Will Townes, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Aug 2019-present).
Will completed his PhD in Biostatistics at Harvard University in 2019, advised by Rafael Irizarry. His research interests include unsupervised learning and spatial models, with applications to single cell gene expression and neuroscience.
|Diana Cai, Graduate Student, Computer Science, Princeton University (Sept 2017-present), co-advised by Ryan Adams.
Diana’s research interests span the areas of Bayesian nonparametrics, robust probabilistic modeling, and scalable Bayesian inference. Previously, Diana obtained an A.B. in computer science and statistics from Harvard University, and an M.S. in statistics from the University of Chicago.
|Sunny Cui, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2020 – present).|
|Siena Dumas Ang, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Fall 2019–present).|
|Tiana Fitzgerald, Undergraduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2018–present).|
|Ariel Gewirtz, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Sept 2015-present).
Ari majored in computer science with a minor in biology at Swarthmore College. She currently works on association mapping frameworks for single-cell RNAseq. Past projects have focused on context-specific gene co-expression networks using the GTEx dataset.
|Gregory Gundersen, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2016–present).|
|Brian Jo, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Sept 2014-present).
Brian completed his B.S. in Bioengineering in U.C. Berkeley. He is broadly interested in ML and Statistics, and hopes to employ Bayesian statistical models that could yield better insights into various biological processes.
|Andy Jones, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2019–present).|
|Aishwarya Mandyam, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2020–present).|
| Danny Simpson, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Fall 2018-present), co-advised by Britt Adamson.
Danny graduated from New York University with an MS in bioinformatics following a BS in mathematics at the University of Virginia. Danny is interested in applying and developing probabilistic models for single-cell CRISPR-based functional genomics assays.
| Archit Verma, Graduate Student, CBE, Princeton University (Fall 2016-present).
Archit graduated from Duke with a BSE in Biomedical Engineering and a minor in Economics. He is interested in using probabilistic machine learning models to analyze expression data, particularly single-cell RNA-seq data.
| Elizabeth Yoo, Graduate Student, ORFE, Princeton University (Fall 2018–present), co-advised by Mengdi Wang.
- Derek Aguiar (Postdoc, 2014-2018) Assistant professor, University of Connecticut
- Mehmet Basbug (PhD, 2014-2016) Machine Learning Engineer, Lion Cave Capital
- Ashlee Benjamin (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Research scientist, Duke University
- Mark Carty (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Computational Scientist, Tempus, Inc.
- Li-Fang Cheng (PhD, 2014-2019) Computational Scientist at Verily
- Greg Darnell (PhD, 2014-2019) Postdoc, Brown University
- Roberta De Vito (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Brown University
- Bianca Dumitrascu (PhD, 2014-2019) Postdoctoral Fellow, IAS
- Chuan Gao (Postdoc, 2012-2015) Bioinformatician III, Duke University
- Allison Chaney (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Duke University
- Ian McDowell (PhD, 2013-2017) Research Scientist, Duke University
- Fantine Mordelet (Postdoc, 2012-2014) Data Scientist, Salezeo
- Niranjani Prasad (PhD, 2015-2020) Researcher, Microsoft Research.
- Sanvesh Srivastava (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Assistant professor, University of Iowa
- Michael Zhang, PhD (Postdoc, 2018-2020) Assistant professor, University of Hong Kong.
- Shiwen Zhao (PhD 2012-2016) Machine Learning Research Scientist, Apple
Group Alumni: Undergraduates and Masters Students
- Austin Alexander (CS, Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)
- Theodore Brundage (CS, Princeton University, Masters 2015-2017)
- Vladimir Feinberg (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Karen Feng (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Isabella Grabski (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Grace Guan (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2020)
- Kayla Hudson (DSS, Duke University, Undergraduate 2013-2014)
- Lydia Liu (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Jonathan Lu (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2019)
- Andrew Semelhago (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Maxim Zaslavsky (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Weiwei (Vivian) Zhang (MGM Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)