Current Group Members
|Barbara E Engelhardt PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Center for Statistics and Machine Learning (2014-present).
Barbara completed her BS and MS from Stanford University in 1999, and her PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2007, advised by Michael Jordan. She did a postdoc at University of Chicago working with Matthew Stephens from 2008-2012, and was Assistant Professor at Duke University from 2012-2014. She also spent two years working at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1999-2001), a summer at Google Research (2005), and a year at 23andMe (2007-2008). CV
|Will Townes, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Aug 2019-present).
Will completed his PhD in Biostatistics at Harvard University in 2019, advised by Rafael Irizarry. His research interests include unsupervised learning and spatial models, with applications to single cell gene expression.
|Michael Zhang, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Oct 2018-present).
Michael Zhang earned a Ph.D. in statistics at the University of Texas at Austin where he was advised by Prof. Sinead Williamson. His research interests include statistical machine learning, scalable inference and Bayesian non-parametrics.
|Diana Cai, Graduate Student, Computer Science, Princeton University (Sept 2017-present), co-advised by Ryan Adams.
Diana’s research interests span the areas of Bayesian nonparametrics, robust probabilistic modeling, and scalable Bayesian inference. Previously, Diana obtained an A.B. in computer science and statistics from Harvard University, and an M.S. in statistics from the University of Chicago.
|Ariel Gewirtz, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Sept 2015-present).
Ari completed her B.A. in computer science with a minor in biology at Swarthmore College. She currently works on association mapping frameworks for single-cell RNAseq. Past projects have focused on context-specific gene co-expression networks using the GTEx dataset.
|Gregory Gundersen, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2016–present).|
|Brian Jo, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Sept 2014-present).
Brian completed his B.S. in Bioengineering in U.C. Berkeley. He is broadly interested in ML and Statistics, and hopes to employ Bayesian statistical models that could yield better insights into various biological processes.
| Niranjani Prasad, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2015-present).
Niranjani completed her BA, MEng in Engineering at the University of Cambridge. She is interested in developing machine learning methods for clinical data analysis & decision support.
|Alexander Strzalkowski, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2018–present).|
| Archit Verma, Graduate Student, CBE, Princeton University (Fall 2016-present).
Archit graduated from Duke with a BSE in Biomedical Engineering and a minor in Economics. He is interested in using probabilistic machine learning models to analyze expression data, particularly single-cell RNA-seq data.
| Elizabeth Yoo, Graduate Student, ORFE, Princeton University (Fall 2018–present), co-advised by Mengdi Wang.
| Danny Simpson, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Fall 2018-present), co-advised by Britt Adamson.
Danny graduated from New York University with an MS in bioinformatics following a BS in mathematics at the University of Virginia. Danny is interested in applying and developing probabilistic models for single-cell CRISPR-based functional genomics assays.
- Derek Aguiar (Postdoc, 2014-2018) Assistant professor, University of Connecticut
- Mehmet Basbug (PhD, 2014-2016) Machine Learning Engineer, Lion Cave Capital
- Ashlee Benjamin (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Research scientist, Duke University
- Mark Carty (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Computational Scientist in Computational Oncology at Tempus, Inc.
- Li-Fang Cheng (PhD, 2014-2019) Computational Scientist at Verily
- Greg Darnell (PhD, 2014-2019) Postdoc, Brown University
- Roberta De Vito (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Brown University
- Bianca Dumitrascu (PhD, 2014-2019) Postdoctoral Fellow, IAS
- Chuan Gao (Postdoc, 2012-2015) Bioinformatician III, Duke University
- Allison Chaney (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Duke University
- Ian McDowell (PhD, 2013-2017) Research Scientist, Duke University
- Fantine Mordelet (Postdoc, 2012-2014) Data Scientist, Salezeo
- Sanvesh Srivastava (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Assistant professor, University of Iowa
- Shiwen Zhao (PhD 2012-2016) Machine Learning Research Scientist, Apple
Group Alumni: Undergraduates and Masters Students
- Austin Alexander (CS, Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)
- Theodore Brundage (CS, Princeton University, Masters 2015-2017)
- Vladimir Feinberg (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Karen Feng (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Isabella Grabski (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Grace Guan (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2020)
- Kayla Hudson (DSS, Duke University, Undergraduate 2013-2014)
- Lydia Liu (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Jonathan Lu (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2019)
- Andrew Semelhago (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Maxim Zaslavsky (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Weiwei (Vivian) Zhang (MGM Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)