Current Group Members
|Barbara E Engelhardt PhD, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Center for Statistics and Machine Learning (2014-present).
Barbara completed her BS and MS from Stanford University in 1999, and her PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2007, advised by Michael Jordan. She did a postdoc at University of Chicago working with Matthew Stephens from 2008-2012, and was Assistant Professor at Duke University from 2012-2014. She also spent two years working at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1999-2001), a summer at Google Research (2005), a year at 23andMe (2007-2008), and a year at Genomics plc (2019-2020). She is on the SAB of Freenome, Celsius Therapeutics, and Creyon Bio.
|Didong Li, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Oct 2020-present). Didong completed his PhD in Mathematics at Duke University, supervised by David B. Dunson and Sayan Mukherjee. His research interests include geometric data analysis, information geometry, manifold learning, nonparametric Bayes and spatial statistics.|
|Will Townes, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Aug 2019-present).
Will completed his PhD in Biostatistics at Harvard University in 2019, advised by Rafael Irizarry. His research interests include unsupervised learning and spatial models, with applications to single cell gene expression and neuroscience.
|Diana Cai, Graduate Student, Computer Science, Princeton University (Sept 2017-present), co-advised by Ryan Adams.
Diana’s research interests span the areas of Bayesian nonparametrics, robust probabilistic modeling, and scalable Bayesian inference. Previously, Diana obtained an A.B. in computer science and statistics from Harvard University, and an M.S. in statistics from the University of Chicago.
|Siena Dumas Ang, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Fall 2019–present).|
|Promise Ekpo Osaine, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2021–present).
Promise’s research interests are focused on the application of machine learning in healthcare, especially in developing new frameworks to contribute to the reduction of maternal and infant mortality. A first-class (Summa Cum Laude) graduate of the Department of Computer Engineering, Class of 2020, University of Benin, Promise was the best graduating student of her department. She holds several awards such as Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2016, NNPC Quiz (SPE Conference, 2018), Huawei and Glo Students Award for Academic Excellence 2019, EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Scholarship, Michael Taiwo Scholarship 2020 and Gordon Wu Fellowship, 2021. She is passionate about mentoring others in achieving academic excellence and securing international scholarships.
|Andy Jones, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2019–present).|
|Aishwarya Mandyam, Graduate Student, CS, Princeton University (Fall 2020–present).|
| Danny Simpson, Graduate Student, QCB, Princeton University (Fall 2018-present), co-advised by Britt Adamson.
Danny graduated from New York University with an MS in bioinformatics following a BS in mathematics at the University of Virginia. Danny is interested in applying and developing probabilistic models for single-cell CRISPR-based functional genomics assays.
- Derek Aguiar (Postdoc, 2014-2018) Assistant professor, University of Connecticut
- Mehmet Basbug (PhD, 2014-2016) Machine Learning Engineer, Lion Cave Capital
- Ashlee Benjamin (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Research scientist, Duke University
- Mark Carty (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Computational Scientist, Tempus, Inc.
- Allison Chaney (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Duke University
- Li-Fang Cheng (PhD, 2014-2019) Computational Scientist at Verily
- Greg Darnell (PhD, 2014-2019) Research Scientist at Apple
- Roberta De Vito (Postdoc, 2016-2019) Assistant professor, Brown University
- Bianca Dumitrascu (PhD, 2014-2019) Postdoctoral Fellow, IAS
- Chuan Gao (Postdoc, 2012-2015) Bioinformatician III, Duke University
- Ariel Gewirtz (PhD, 2015-2022)
- Gregory Gundersen (PhD, 2016-2021) Quantitative Researcher, Millennium
- Brian Jo (PhD, 2014-2021)
- Guillaume Martinet (PhD, 2017-2021) Associate Strategist, Morgan Stanley
- Ian McDowell (PhD, 2013-2017) Research Scientist, Duke University
- Fantine Mordelet (Postdoc, 2012-2014) Data Scientist, Salezeo
- Niranjani Prasad (PhD, 2015-2020) Researcher, Microsoft Research.
- Sanvesh Srivastava (Postdoc, 2013-2015) Assistant professor, University of Iowa
- Archit Verma (PhD, 2016-2021) Cognitive and Analytics Consultant, IBM
- Michael Zhang, PhD (Postdoc, 2018-2020) Assistant professor, University of Hong Kong
- Shiwen Zhao (PhD 2012-2016) Machine Learning Research Scientist, Apple
Group Alumni: Undergraduates and Masters Students
- Austin Alexander (CS, Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)
- Theodore Brundage (CS, Princeton University, Masters 2015-2017)
- Sunny Cui (CS, Princeton University, Masters 2020-2022)
- Vladimir Feinberg (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Karen Feng (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Tiana Fitzgerald (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2022)
- Isabella Grabski (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2018)
- Grace Guan (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2020)
- Kayla Hudson (DSS, Duke University, Undergraduate 2013-2014)
- Lydia Liu (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Jonathan Lu (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2019)
- Andrew Semelhago (ORFE, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Maxim Zaslavsky (CS, Princeton University, Undergraduate Class of 2017)
- Weiwei (Vivian) Zhang (MGM Duke University, Masters 2012-2014)